Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Content Papers of the founder of the Congregation of Holy Cross, Father Basil Anthony Moreau; reports of Fathers Edward Sorin and William Corby to the superior general of the congregation concerning the affairs of the University of Notre Dame; material concerning the history and role of Holy Cross Brothers and Sisters at Notre Dame; minutes and deliberations of provincial meetings; weight receipts and minutes from the Notre Dame Farm Committee; reports on schools and missions operated by the...
Scope and Content Correspondence of Holy Cross fathers Peter P. Cooney, William Corby, James M. Dillon, Gilbert Francais, Julius A. Freré, and Basil Anthony Moreau; last wills (1844- 1861), manuscripts of poems, sermons, and speeches, instructions from superiors, military service records, notebooks, and other papers of many Holy Cross priests at Notre Dame.
Scope and Content Minutes, 1897-1915; correspondence, 1897-1931; clippings, 1897-1915; and a medal and certificate from a GAR reunion held in 1900; with material on Peter Paul Cooney, William Corby, and James A. McLain.
Dates: 1897-1931, bulk 1897-1915.
Scope and Content Correspondence, 1905-1938, primarily with Francis W. Howard, having to do with the National Catholic Educational Association; copies of his diary, 1895-1900,1926; and research notes and printed material.
Scope and Content Correspondence, manuscripts of essays, poems, diary entries, biographical sketch, obituary, and a pencil sketch of Father William Corby. Correspondents include James F. Edwards.
Scope and Content Correspondence (1882-1887) involving Bishop Martin Marty, OSB, Edward Sorin, CSC, William Corby, CSC, Alexis Granger, CSC, and Alexander Kirsch, CSC, concerning financial problems of the mission at Deadwood, South Dakota, and other problems of clergy in the Dakotas; pamphlets, clippings, and a photograph of Rosen (1894); a tour book he wrote, Hundert Tage In Europa (St. Louis: Druck der Amerika, 1895); and a broadside describing a religious conversion in South Dakota; with information on the...
Scope and Content Letters and other material relating to the Eucharistic Convention held at the University of Notre Dame, August 7th and 8th, 1894. Correspondents include Rev. William Corby, C.S.C. (1833-1897), President of the University of Notre Dame. Also other letters from bishops and priests in reply to invitations to the Eucharistic Conventions at the University of Notre Dame (1894, 1897) and the first National Eucharistic Congress in Washington, DC (1895); addressed to Bishop Camillus Maes, president of...
Scope and Content Correspondence, 1862-1897; sermons, 1887-1897; clippings on the Corby family; records of financial services rendered Civil War soldiers, 1862-1865; a manuscript in which an unnamed regular army officer writes about chaplains he knew in the Army of the Potomac, 1864; and printed material concerning Corby, his death, and the monuments erected in his honor at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, and at the University of Notre Dame.
- Letters. 5
- Clippings (information artifacts) 3
- Chaplains, Military 2
- Poems. 2
- Broadsides (notices) 1
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- Correspondence 1
- Conversion -- Catholic Church 1
- Diaries 1
- Essays. 1
- Eucharistic congresses 1
- Eulogies. 1
- Genealogies. 1
- Indians of North America -- Missions 1
- Indians of North America -- South Dakota 1
- Missions -- Bangladesh 1
- Missions -- India 1
- Notebooks. 1
- Sermons. 1
- University of Notre Dame -- Administration. 1
- University of Notre Dame -- History. 1 ∧ less
- French 2
- Latin 2
- German 1
- Cooney, Peter Paul, 1822-1905. 2
- Moreau, Basil Anthony, 1799-1873. 2
- Sorin, Edward. 2
- Burns, James A. (James Aloysius), 1867-1940 1
- Burns, James A. (James Aloysius), 1867-1940. 1
- Cavanaugh, John W. (John William), 1870-1935. 1
- Congregation of Holy Cross. 1
- Congregation of Holy Cross. Indiana Province. 1
- Dillon, James M., 1833-1869. 1
- Edwards, James F. (James Farnham), 1850-1911. 1
- Francais, Gilbert, 1849-1929. 1
- Freré, Julius A., 1820-1892. 1
- Grand Army of the Republic. 1
- Grand Army of the Republic. Notre Dame Post 569 (Notre Dame, Ind.) 1
- Granger, Alexis, 1817-1893. 1
- Howard, Francis W. 1
- Kirsch, Alexander Marion, 1855-1923. 1
- Maes, Camillus Paul, 1846-1915. 1
- Maler, Bede. 1 ∧ less