Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Content Letters including one from Nicholas Murray Butler and one from John W. Cavanaugh, CSC; biography of Wile; and a transcript of a speech by Wile on the causes of World War I.
Dates: 1911 and 1949.
Scope and Content Correspondence with Eugene P. Burke, CSC, Joseph Burke, CSC, and John W. Cavanaugh, CSC; clippings on Notre Dame life, 1921-1926; photographs; and printed matter including a pamphlet "Love and the Irish" by Cornelius Hagerty, CSC, and the funeral sermon for John Mangan preached by Eugene P. Burke, CSC, 1950.
Scope and Content Correspondence, 1905-1938, primarily with Francis W. Howard, having to do with the National Catholic Educational Association; copies of his diary, 1895-1900,1926; and research notes and printed material.
Scope and Content Correspondence with Matthew Harkins, Bishop of Providence, William Stang, Bishop of Fall River, Daniel F. Feehan, Bishop of Fall River, John W. Cavanaugh, CSC, President of the University of Notre Dame, and others, 1878-1916; and clippings concerning Coyle's work, 1880s-1910s.
Scope and Content Personal correspondence, much of it concerning life at Notre Dame, 1891-1935; correspondence concerning Rhodes Scholarships, 1911-1914, Laetare Medals, 1908-1919, Cavanaugh's work with the Liquor Control Board of the State of Indiana, 1933-1934, and his work in the preparation of Knute Rockne's autobiography, 1931; correspondence of Joseph Burke, CSC, concerning Cavanaugh's death, 1935; Cavanaugh's diary, 1908; his sermons, speeches, class notes, writings, clippings and scrapbook; a draft of...
Scope and Content Letters from John W. Cavanaugh, CSC, Nicholas Dietz, James Cardinal Gibbons, Archbishop John Glennon, and Frederick P. Kenkel to Peter E. Dietz; concerning Dietz's work in support of organized labor and his interest in social service and social reform; with material on the Militia of Christ and the American Federation of Labor. Also correspondence between Dietz and officers of the Catholic Central Verein concerning cooperation between the Verein and the American Federation of...
Scope and Contents The first part of the collection (boxes 134-215) consists of three series: Student Employment, 1906-07 & 1909-11 (boxes 152,153,209,212) Concerts, Lectures, Films, & Movies, ca.1911-20 (boxes 213-215) General Correspondence, ca.1905-1911 (boxes 134-211) Scattered Cavanaugh correspondence for 1905-06 may be found in in UPEL 115-133/. The bulk of the correspondence in this part of the collection dates 1906-11, though there are some runs as early as 1904 and as late as 1912,...
Scope and Contents Letters received from donors regarding the Jubilee of Father Sorin (1888) and the fundraising for a memorial statue to Father Sorin (1905-1906). Letters were received by Professors Orville Chamberlain and J. A. Lyons, James Cardinal Gibbons, John Zahm, CSC, William J. Marr, CSC, John W. Cavanaugh, CSC, Thomas E. Walsh, CSC, and William Corby, CSC, from friends of the University.
- Letters. 4
- University of Notre Dame -- Presidents. 3
- Laetare Medal 2
- Rhodes scholarships 2
- University records 2
- Addresses 1
- Church and social problems -- Catholic Church 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Diaries 1
- Funeral sermons. 1
- Journalists -- Biography 1
- Labor movement -- United States 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- Liquor laws 1
- Sermons. 1
- Social reformers -- United States. 1
- Social service -- United States. 1 ∧ less
- Gibbons, James, 1834-1921. 2
- Rockne, Knute, 1888-1931 2
- Zahm, John Augustine, 1851-1921. 2
- American Federation of Catholic Societies 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- Burke, Eugene P., 1833-1961. 1
- Burke, Joseph, 1876-1940. 1
- Burns, James A. (James Aloysius), 1867-1940 1
- Burns, James A. (James Aloysius), 1867-1940. 1
- Butler, Nicholas Murray, 1862-1947. 1
- Catholic Central Verein of America. 1
- Chamberlain, Orville T. ( Orville Tryon), 1841-1929. 1
- Corby, William 1833-1897. 1
- Corby, William, 1833-1897. 1
- Coyle, James, 1850-1931. 1
- Dietz, Nicholas. 1
- Dietz, Peter Ernest, 1878-1947. 1
- Feehan, Daniel F. (Daniel Francis), 1855-1934. 1
- Glennon, John (John Joseph), 1862-1946. 1 ∧ less