Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Content Records of the Archdiocesan School Board (1968-1978) and material from the Archdiocesan Media Center and Justice Lending Library; occasional letters from Bishops Quarter, Van de Velde, O'Regan, Duggan, Foley, Feehan, and Quigley, and from Auxiliary Bishop Alexander J. McGavick and Bishop John McMullen, vicar general (1877-1879) and administrator (1879-1880) of the diocese; manuscripts by Bishop O'Regan, including a sermon on Immaculate Conception and a Biblical exegesis; and photostats of...
Scope and Content Letters, pamphlets, clippings and manuscripts of speeches and sermons, with material concerning a riot in 1844 over the version of the Bible to be used in public schools, the Eucharistic Convention held in Philadelphia in 1899 sponsored by the Priests' Eucharistic League, and the American Catholic Historical Society of Philadelphia. Correspondents include the prelates of the diocese in the 19th century and laymen. Also typed copies and photostats of German letters, 1891- 1892,...
Scope and Content Class notes, papers and clippings from grade school, Notre Dame High School (Niles, Illinois) 1958-1962, University of Notre Dame, 1962-1968, Moreau Seminary, 1965-1969, Katholicke Theologische Hogeschool, Utrecht, 1969-1971, and the University of Michigan, 1977-1978; drafts of Schlaver's doctoral dissertation (University of Michigan), The Notre Dame Ethos; manuscripts of works of Henry Nouwen; publications of Pax Christi International; clippings of statements by Father Hesburgh; memoranda,...
Scope and Content Notebooks; scrapbook and clippings about Wenninger; pamphlets, articles, lectures, and sermons (many by Wenninger); a copy of his M.A. thesis "A Biological Study of Miranda Aurantia," 1917; grade books, 1916-1940; a card catalog, prepared by Wenninger, of books on biology and evolution; articles on science in the Notre Dame Scholastic, 1875-1887; maps of South Bend and Mishawaka, Indiana; and photographs.
Scope and Content Correspondence with members of the Joseph Kennedy family (Rose, Edward, Jacqueline, Joe, and Kathleen), clippings, a plaque given Cavanaugh by the Commerce Council, a scrapbook from the testimonial for Cavanaugh by the Notre Dame Club, Los Angeles, 1952, a copy of the homily delivered by Father Hesburgh at Cavanaugh's funeral, and photographs.
Scope and Content Correspondence, 1862-1897; sermons, 1887-1897; clippings on the Corby family; records of financial services rendered Civil War soldiers, 1862-1865; a manuscript in which an unnamed regular army officer writes about chaplains he knew in the Army of the Potomac, 1864; and printed material concerning Corby, his death, and the monuments erected in his honor at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, and at the University of Notre Dame.
- Sermons. 5
- Letters. 4
- University of Notre Dame -- Presidents. 2
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- Correspondence 1
- Catholic education -- United States -- History -- 19th century 1
- Chaplains, Military 1
- College presidents -- United States 1
- Dissertations. 1
- Evolution -- Bibliography 1
- Funeral sermons. 1
- Maps (documents) 1
- Riots -- Pennsylvania -- History -- 19th century 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Spiders. 1 ∧ less
- American Catholic Historical Society of Philadelphia. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Chicago (Ill.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Pa.) 1
- Cavanaugh, John J. (John Joseph 1899-1979). 1
- Cavanaugh, John J. (John Joseph), 1899-1979. 1
- Conwell, Henry, 1748-1842. 1
- Corby, William, 1833-1897. 1
- Duggan, James, 1825-1899 1
- Egan, Michael, 1761-1814. 1
- Feehan, Patrick Augustine, 1829-1902 1
- Foley, Thomas P. (Thomas Patrick), 1822-1879 1
- Heuser, Herman Joseph, 1851-1933 1
- Kennedy family. 1
- Kennedy, Edward Moore, 1932- 1
- Kennedy, Joseph P. (Joseph Patrick), 1915-1944. 1
- Kennedy, Kathleen, d. 1948. 1
- Kennedy, Rose Fitzgerald, 1890- 1
- Kenrick, Francis Patrick, 1797-1863. 1
- McGavick, Alexander J., (Alexander Joseph), 1863-1948 1
- McMullen, John, 1832-1883 1 ∧ less