Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Content Letters of the Vincentian John Timon to Joseph Rosati, 1822-1891, and letters, 1841-1842, from Pierre Jean De Smet, SJ, missionary to the Indians, to his religious superiors; pamphlets and papers concerning the St. Louis World Fair of 1904; clippings about Bishop Kenrick's Golden Jubilee, 1891; and photostats of transcripts of letters, mostly to Rosati, from Simon Bruté, Gabriel Richard, Stephen T. Badin, and others. On microfilm: nineteen reels of diocesan correspondence...
Scope and Content Five reels of letters from the United States to the Ludwig Mission Society and two reels of the society's magazine, Annalen der Glaubensverbreitung, volumes one through twenty-one (1848-1868), in which many of the letters were published. Correspondents include Rev. Franz Xaver Weninger, bishops Frederick Baraga, Egidius Jünger, Joseph Melcher, Ignatius Mrak, Michael O'Connor, Maurice de Saint-Palais, Rupert Seidenbusch, OSB, John Timon, CM, Richard V. Whelan, and others. Most...
Scope and Content Microfilm of correspondence of Simon Gabriel Bruté, first Bishop of Vincennes (1834-1839), both before and after his appointment as bishop, made from documents in various collections held by the University of Notre Dame Archives. Consists mainly of letters handwritten by Bruté, with some printed material and correspondence received by Bruté. Correspondents include William Gaston, Rev. Stephen T. Badin, and bishops Joseph Rosati, CM, John Timon, CM, John Baptist David, SS, Guy...
Scope and Content Correspondence and other documents in the archives of the Congregatio de Propaganda Fide in Rome; involving the Sisters of Loretto, Father Charles Nerinckx, and Bishops Benedict Joseph Flaget, Martin John Spalding, and Francis Patrick Kenrick; letters and typewritten transcripts of letters written by or to Sisters of Loretto, including letters from bishops Simon Bruté, John Timon, CM, George A. Carrell, and Peter Joseph Lavialle; a dissertation entitled "Bishop Joseph Rosati, CM, and the...
Scope and Content Letters, 1828-1930, from the United States to the central council at Paris (27 reels of microfilm) arranged by diocese; and letters to and minutes of the central council at Lyon, 1822-1900, arranged chronologically (15 reels of microfilm). Correspondents include many members of the American hierarchy, among them Joseph Sadoc Alemany, August M. Blanchet, Francis Norbert Blanchet, Timothy Corbett, Joseph Fréri, Henry Granjon, John Baptist Lamy, Joseph P. Macheboeuf, Augustus M....
Scope and Content Letters, mostly to John Timon, CM. The letters are in large part from priests of the Congregation of the Mission (Vincentians) to Timon when he was at the Vincentian seminary (St. Mary-of-the-Barrens, Perryville, Missouri). Correspondents include Bishop Joseph Rosati of St. Louis, Bishop Benedict Flaget of Bardstown, Bishop Leo de Neckère of New Orleans, John Mary Odin, CM, Bishop of Galveston, later Archbishop of New Orleans, and other members of the American hierarchy, priests and...
- Microfilm 2
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- Correspondence 1
- Catholic Church -- Missions 1
- Catholic Church -- Missions -- Societies, etc. 1
- Catholic Church -- Missions -- United States 1
- Catholic Church -- United States -- History 1
- Catholics, German 1
- Kentucky -- Church history 1
- Missions -- New York 1
- Missions, American 1
- Monasticism and religious orders for women 1
- Papers 1
- Vincentians -- United States -- History. 1 ∧ less
- French 3
- Latin 2
- German 1
- Italian 1
- Bruté, Simon, 1779-1839. 3
- Odin, John Mary, 1801-1870. 3
- Rosati, Joseph, Bp., 1789-1843. 3
- Badin, Stephen T. (Stephen Theodore), 1768-1853. 2
- Flaget, Benedict Joseph, 1763-1850. 2
- O'Connor, M. (Michael), 1810-1872. 2
- Seidenbusch, Rupert, 1830-1895. 2
- Sisters of Loretto. 2
- Vincentians. 2
- Alemany, Joseph Sadoc, 1814-1888. 1
- Amat, Thaddeus, 1811-1878. 1
- Baraga, Frederic, 1797-1868. 1
- Blanc, Anthony, 1792-1860. 1
- Blanchet, Augustine Magloire Alexander, 1797-1887. 1
- Blanchet, Francis Norbert, 1795-1883. 1
- Carrell, George A. (George Aloysius), 1803-1868. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Saint Louis (Mo.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Saint Louis (Mo.). 1
- Catholic Church. Congregatio de Propaganda Fide. 1 ∧ less