Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Alexis Coquillard Family papers
Scope and Content Newspaper clippings, obituaries, memorial cards, manuscripts, and a few letters involving members of the Coquillard family and Rev. Edward Sorin, CSC.
Archdiocese of Cincinnati Collection
Scope and Content Correspondence consisting chiefly of letters received by Bishops Edward Dominic Fenwick, O.P., and John Baptist Purcell, and representing also the first two years of the episcopacy of Archbishop William Henry Elder. Correspondents include Sylvester H. Rosecrans, who served as auxiliary bishop from 1862 to 1868; priests of the diocese; Fathers Stephen T. Badin and Edward Sorin, C.S.C.; and many members of the American hierarchy. Also miscellaneous related material, 1815-1885, including two Papal...
Dates: 1815-1963 (bulk 1815-1885)
Archdiocese of Detroit Collection
Scope and Content Correspondence of Rev. Gabriel Richard, co-founder and vice-president of the University of Michigan and U.S. Representative from Michigan; of Frederic Baraga, missionary to the Ottawa and Chippewa Indians of Michigan and later bishop of Marquette, Michigan; and of Bishops Frederic Résé, Peter Paul Lefevre, and Caspar Henry Borgess. Other correspondents include the missionary, Rev. Francis Xavier Pierz; the civic leader, Rev. Martin Kundig; Rev. Edward Sorin, founder of the University...
Archdiocese of New York Collection
Scope and Content Occasional correspondence of the prelates of the Diocese of New York; letters (1875-1876) received by John O'Kane Murray of New York; commemorative material having to do with the diocese; letters received by John Talbot Smith (1849-1934); a minute book of the New York Ladies' Seamen's Friend Society (1842-1847); and a book of handwritten notes (1836) by James Roosevelt Bayley (later Bishop of Newark and Archbishop of Baltimore) before he converted to Catholicism. Correspondents...
Congregation of Holy Cross. Indiana Province Collection
Scope and Content Papers of the founder of the Congregation of Holy Cross, Father Basil Anthony Moreau; reports of Fathers Edward Sorin and William Corby to the superior general of the congregation concerning the affairs of the University of Notre Dame; material concerning the history and role of Holy Cross Brothers and Sisters at Notre Dame; minutes and deliberations of provincial meetings; weight receipts and minutes from the Notre Dame Farm Committee; reports on schools and missions operated by the...
Patrick Marantette Papers
Scope and Content Correspondence with Lewis Cass, Secretary of War, Alexis Coquillard, trader in South Bend, Edward Sorin, CSC, president of the University of Notre Dame, and others, pertaining mostly to business affairs, the second Indian removal from the area in 1840, and Marantette's claims arising from it; and Marentette's account book, 1838-1840.
Peter Rosen Papers
Scope and Content Correspondence (1882-1887) involving Bishop Martin Marty, OSB, Edward Sorin, CSC, William Corby, CSC, Alexis Granger, CSC, and Alexander Kirsch, CSC, concerning financial problems of the mission at Deadwood, South Dakota, and other problems of clergy in the Dakotas; pamphlets, clippings, and a photograph of Rosen (1894); a tour book he wrote, Hundert Tage In Europa (St. Louis: Druck der Amerika, 1895); and a broadside describing a religious conversion in South Dakota; with information on the...
Sisters of the Holy Cross Collection
Scope and Content Documents by and about the Sisters of the Holy Cross at Notre Dame, Indiana, including papers of Mother Ascension and Mother Angela; last wills of eighteen Holy Cross Sisters; papers of three alumnae of St. Mary's College; correspondence of various sisters; and material concerning St. Mary's Academy (later St. Mary's College). Correspondents of Mother Ascension include Father Edward Sorin.
Sorin Jubilee and Monument Correspondence
Scope and Contents Letters received from donors regarding the Jubilee of Father Sorin (1888) and the fundraising for a memorial statue to Father Sorin (1905-1906). Letters were received by Professors Orville Chamberlain and J. A. Lyons, James Cardinal Gibbons, John Zahm, CSC, William J. Marr, CSC, John W. Cavanaugh, CSC, Thomas E. Walsh, CSC, and William Corby, CSC, from friends of the University.
- Letters. 6
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- Correspondence 2
- Catholic Church -- Ohio -- History -- Sources 2
- Catholic Church--Bishops--Correspondence. 2
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Letters 2
- Account books 1
- Baptismal records. 1
- Broadsides (notices) 1
- Constitutions. 1
- Conversion -- Catholic Church 1
- Diaries 1
- Eulogies (documents) 1
- Huron Indians 1
- Indians -- Prayer books and devotions 1
- Indians of North America -- Missions 1
- Indians of North America -- Relocation 1
- Indians of North America -- South Dakota 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- Missionaries -- Michigan -- History -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Latin 1
- Badin, Stephen T. (Stephen Theodore), 1768-1853. 2
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Cincinnati (Ohio) 2
- Coquillard, Alexis, 1795-1855. 2
- Corby, William, 1833-1897. 2
- Elder, William Henry, 1819-1904. 2
- Fenwick, Edward Dominic, 1768-1832. 2
- Pius IX, Pope, 1792-1878. 2
- Pius VII, Pope, 1742-1823. 2
- Purcell, John Baptist, 1800-1883. 2
- Rosecrans, Sylvester Horton, 1827-1878. 2
- American Fur Company. 1
- Baraga, Frederic, 1797-1868. 1
- Boheme, Ghislain J., 1803-1862. 1
- Borgess, Caspar Henry, 1826-1890. 1
- Cass, Lewis, 1782-1866. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Cincinnati (Oh.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Detroit (Mich.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of New York (N.Y.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of New York (N.Y.). 1 ∧ less