Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Charles Forbes Montalembert Letters received
Scope and Content Xerox copies of letters received from Benedict Joseph Flaget, Martin John Spalding, Isaac Thomas Hecker, Victor Gay, and Elias Lyman Magoon.
Diocese of Vincennes Records
Scope and Content Correspondence of bishops of Vincennes (1796-1897), including Simon Gabriel Bruté (1835-1839) and Celestine de la Hailandiere (1810-1875); sermons of Hailandiere (1826- 1836); historical notes by Hailandiere; papers from Hailandiere's seminary days at St. Germain, Rennes, France; journal of Jean F. Rivet (1799-1803), papers of Pierre Gibault, and an article on Anthony Fourcher, all early missionary priests; and 19th- and 20th-century printed material and transcriptions of correspondence. ...
Dates: ca. 1750-1940 (bulk 1796-1897).
Francis P. Clark Collection
Scope and Content A few original manuscripts, but chiefly photocopies, transcriptions, and translations of correspondence and documents concerning the history of the Catholic Church in Kentucky; correspondents include missionary priest Stephen T. Badin and bishops John Baptist David, Benedict Joseph Flaget, Martin John Spalding, Peter Joseph Lavialle, and William George McCloskey. Portraits of Catholic clergy and religious along with photographs and photomechanical prints of Catholic churches,...
Joseph Haseltine Papers
Scope and Content Letters written to Rev. Joseph Haseltine by Bishop Benedict Joseph Flaget and others; and documents giving Haseltine's family background and dates when he received sacraments.
Also available on microfilm.
Also available on microfilm.
Leopoldinen-Stiftung im Kaisertume Osterreich Records
Scope and Content Correspondence of many Austrians who were active in the American mission field, including St. John Neumann, Bishop of Philadelphia; Frederic Baraga, Bishop of Marquette; Father Caspar Rehrl, founder of the Sisters of St. Agnes; Father Joseph Salzmann, founder of St. Francis Seminary in Milwaukee; Father Francis X. Pierz, missionary, especially in Minnesota; Father John Stephen Raffeiner of New York. Other correspondents include Vincentius Eduard Milde, Archbishop of Vienna; Simon...
Martin John Spalding Papers
Scope and Content Letters received by Spalding from bishops Guy Ignatius Chabrat, Maurice de Saint-Palais, Benedict Joseph Flaget and Francis P. Kenrick, from diocesan priests, Jesuits, and Dominicans, and from relatives; other correspondence involving people in the diocese; one letter written by Spalding to James M. Lancaster (20 December 1846); a circular letter (1858) and an undated sermon. Microfilm contains pastoral letters written by Spalding as Archbishop of Baltimore (1865-1872) and a...
Sisters of Loretto Records
Scope and Content Correspondence and other documents in the archives of the Congregatio de Propaganda Fide in Rome; involving the Sisters of Loretto, Father Charles Nerinckx, and Bishops Benedict Joseph Flaget, Martin John Spalding, and Francis Patrick Kenrick; letters and typewritten transcripts of letters written by or to Sisters of Loretto, including letters from bishops Simon Bruté, John Timon, CM, George A. Carrell, and Peter Joseph Lavialle; a dissertation entitled "Bishop Joseph Rosati, CM, and the...
Scope and Content Letters, mostly to John Timon, CM. The letters are in large part from priests of the Congregation of the Mission (Vincentians) to Timon when he was at the Vincentian seminary (St. Mary-of-the-Barrens, Perryville, Missouri). Correspondents include Bishop Joseph Rosati of St. Louis, Bishop Benedict Flaget of Bardstown, Bishop Leo de Neckère of New Orleans, John Mary Odin, CM, Bishop of Galveston, later Archbishop of New Orleans, and other members of the American hierarchy, priests and...
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- Correspondence 3
- Anti-Catholicism 1
- Catholic Church -- Kentucky 1
- Catholic Church -- Middle West 1
- Catholic Church -- Missions 1
- Catholic Church -- Pastoral letters and charges 1
- Catholic Church -- United States 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Directories. 1
- Indiana -- Church history 1
- Kentucky -- Church history 1
- Letters. 1
- Missions -- New York 1
- Monasticism and religious orders 1
- Monasticism and religious orders for women 1
- Pastoral Letters. 1
- Protestants -- United States 1
- Sermons. 1
- United States -- Church history -- 19th century 1
- University of Notre Dame -- Buildings -- Photographs. 1 ∧ less
- French 2
- German 1
- Latin 1
- Bruté, Simon, 1779-1839. 3
- Spalding, M. J. (Martin John), 1810-1872. 3
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Louisville. 2
- Kenrick, Francis Patrick, 1797-1863. 2
- Lavialle, Peter Joseph, 1819-1867. 2
- Odin, John Mary, 1801-1870. 2
- Timon, John, 1797-1867. 2
- Vincentians. 2
- Amat, Thaddeus, 1811-1878. 1
- American Tract Society. 1
- Badin, Stephen T. (Stephen Theodore), 1768-1853. 1
- Baraga, Frederic, 1797-1868. 1
- Carrell, George A. (George Aloysius), 1803-1868. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Baltimore. Archbishop (1864-1872 : Spalding). 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Indianapolis (Ind.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Indianapolis (Ind.) -- Trustees. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Louisville (Ky.) 1
- Catholic Church. Congregatio de Propaganda Fide. 1
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Bardstown (Ky). 1 ∧ less