Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: MSH/LAT 0050
Scope and Contents This collection consists of the papers of the Beláustegui -Bustamante Family, centered in San Isidro, Argentina, covering four generations from Melchor Beláustegui Rodríguez to his great-granddaughter Isabel Giménez Bustamante. The majority of the collection consists of correspondence between family members and friends. Notable correspondents include Isabel Giménez Bustamante; her siblings, Rodolfo (Jr), Enrique, María Adela, and María Carlota; and her parents, Rodolfo Giménez Bustamante (Sr.)...
Identifier: MSE/EM 1000
Scope and Contents Of the 214 letters in the collection, 213 are addressed to Cardinal Lorenzo Magalotti, while the final letter is addressed to Cardinal Francesco Barberini, a nephew of both Magalotti and Pope Urban VIII (Maffeo Barberini) from Carlo de’ Medici. The collection dates from 1623, from the years preceding Magalotti’s ordination as cardinal to the months preceding his death in September 1637. One hundred and seventeen letters date to the period prior to Magalotti’s appointment as Bishop of Ferrara,...
Identifier: MSH/LAT 0080
Scope and Contents This collection consists of materials forming a record of Cristina Peri Rossi's personal and professional career. Included are drafts of Peri Rossi's fiction and poetry, primarily unpublished; manuscripts and notebooks of Peri Rossi's writings; and clippings of her nonfiction wors from newspapers and magazines. There is also professional and personal correspondence, personal photographs, and academic works on Peri Rossi's writings, such as theses and dissertations. The collection also includes...
Identifier: MSSP 2013
Scope and Contents This collection consists of the personal papers of boxer Gene Tunney. Materials cover his boxing career in the 1920s until his retirement in 1928, his marriage and honeymoon in 1928-29, and his charity work with youth groups in the 1930s and 1940s, especially the American Youth Group, of which he was chairman in 1940. The collection includes both personal and business correspondence, photographs, scrapbooks of his career, personal account books and calendars, and various boxing-related...
Dates: 1918 - 1945
Identifier: MSH/LAT 0090
Scope and Contents This collection contains documents relating to the Inquisitions of Spain, Italy, Portugal, Peru, and Mexico. Included are manuals and guidelines on proper conduct within the inquisition; accounts of trial procedures, prisoner sentences, and autos de fe; and certificates and books of privileges of the staff of the inquisitions. Also included are public edicts, papal bulls, and royal decrees published by various inquisitions relating to banned works, jurisdiction of the different inquisitions,...
Dates: circa 1500-1859
Identifier: MSH/LAT 0003
Scope and Contents This collection documents the activities of Jorge Luis Borges an Argentine writer and poet. It contains ephemera and records related to Borges’ professional career, including newspaper articles, a cigarette holder, interviews, poetry, unpublished manuscripts, and scholarly articles written about Borges and published in various magazines, including the Avant Garde magazine Martín Fierro (1924-1927). Significant topics represented in these files are poetry and Latin American literature and...
Identifier: MSH/LAT 0088
Scope and Contents This collection documents the activities of María A. Díaz de Guerra--a Uruguayan historian--in her research on the city of Maldonado, Uruguay, the surrounding region, its inhabitants and public services such as libraries and schools. It contains administrative records of the city of Maldonado, including reports, committee proceedings, invoices, and publications; Diaz’s notes and compiled research files; correspondence of both Diaz and citizens of Maldonado; and articles by Diaz or about...
Dates: 1777-1809, 1824-2010
Identifier: MSN/MN 9206
Abstract A collection of research files comprised of printed ephemera, correspondence, manuscripts, audio recordings, and other materials documenting the activities and work of more than 100 conceptual artists, assembled by Robert C. Morgan during his professional career as an artist, art historian, curator, and author from 1968-2015.
- Language: Italian X
- Clippings (information artifacts) 5
- Letters (correspondence) 4
- Manuscripts (documents) 4
- Postcards 4
- Black-and-white photographs 3
- Electronic records (digital records) 3
- Ephemera 3
- Articles 2
- Correspondence 2
- Magazines (periodicals) 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Academic dissertations 1
- Account books 1
- American Youth Day 1
- Anti-fascist movements 1
- Appointment books 1
- Architects -- Argentina 1
- Argentina -- History 1
- Argentina -- History -- 20th century 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1943- 1 ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 7
- English 5
- French 5
- Portuguese 3
- German 2
- Adolph, Michael, von Althann 1
- Albrecht VI, Duke of Bavaria, 1584-1666 1
- Anselm, Kasimir, Archbishop of Mainz, 1583-1647 1
- Beláustegui Rodríguez, Melchor, 1811-1885 1
- Beláustegui-Bustamante Family 1
- Borges, Jorge Luis, 1899-1986 1
- Bustamante Beláustegui, Juana, 1864-1948 1
- Catholic Church 1
- Christine, of Lorraine, Grand Duchess, consort of Ferdinand I, Grand Duke of Tuscany, 1565-1636 1
- Coolidge, Calvin, 1872-1933 1
- Díaz de Guerra, María A. (María Amelia), 1924- 1
- Elizabeth, of France, Queen, consort of Philip IV, King of Spain, 1602-1644 1
- Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor, 1578-1637 1
- Ferdinand III, Holy Roman Emperor, 1608-1657 1
- Ferdinand, Archbishop and Elector of Cologne, 1577-1650 1
- Fernando II, Grand Duke of Tuscany, 1610-1670 1
- Fisher, Dorothy Canfield, 1879-1958 1
- Ford, Edsel, 1893-1943 1
- Gimbel, Bernard F., 1885-1966 1
- Giménez Bustamante, Enrique, 1896-1947 1 ∧ less