Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Identifier: MSN/CW 5041
Scope and Contents Of the seven manuscripts in the group, five are letters by Pratt to his mother or father—one written from western Virginia in August of 1861, and four from various locations in the Shenandoah Valley, December 1862 to November 1863. The two remaining documents (March-June 1862) are letters to Pratt from the headquarters of Brig. Gen. Wise, responding to Pratt's own, perhaps repeated entreaties that Wise use his influence to expedite Pratt's exchange. Pratt's initial assignment to Wise's command...
Identifier: MSN/CW 5039
Abstract A letter written on 3 May 1864 by Southy L. Savage, as a member of the Confederate States Signal Corps. Savage describes his activities over the previous months, when he was stationed along the Potomac in King George County, Virginia.
- Manuscripts (documents) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Secret Service 1
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence 1
- Confederate States of America. Army 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Cavalry Regiment, 18th. Company H 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Infantry Regiment, 59th. Company G (2nd) 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Partisan Rangers, 1st 1
- Pratt, George Julian, b. 1843 1