Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Identifier: MSN/CW 5057
Abstract More than one hundred letters written during the Civil War by two brothers serving in the Confederate army, Sgt. William Lafayette Barrier (1st North Carolina Cavalry) and Col. Rufus Barrier (8th North Carolina Infantry). The letters are mostly directed to the brothers' father, Mathias Barrier, in Mt. Pleasant, Cabarrus County, North Carolina.
Dates: 1861-1868; Majority of material found in ( 1861-1865)
Identifier: MSN/CW 5040
Scope and Contents A manuscript personal letter written from the defenses of Richmond on 1 December 1864 by Confederate soldier Cicero R. Barker, 8th North Carolina Infantry.
Dates: 1 December 1864
- Cabarrus County (N.C.) -- History 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Soldiers -- North Carolina -- Correspondence 1
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Barker, Cicero R., 1848-1917 1
- Barrier, Rufus A. (Rufus Alexander), 1836-1876 1
- Barrier, William L. (William Lafayette), 1834-1864 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Clingman's Brigade 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Cavalry Regiment, 1st 1