Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Daniel Ruggles Report
Identifier: MSN/CW 2002
Scope and Contents This report of the Confederate Brigadier General Daniel Ruggles, dated 22 October 1862, was written one day after the latter had assumed command of District One of the army's Department of Mississippi and East Louisiana. Roughly speaking, the district encompassed the eastern half of Mississippi, minus the counties on the Gulf Coast. Before the reorganization of 21 October, Ruggles had been in temporary command of the district encompassing western Mississippi, called the District of the...
Edward Bloodgood Battle Report
Identifier: MSN/CW 2000
Scope and Contents One of the inescapable duties of the regimental commander was the submission of reports detailing his unit's actions. This example, in clerical hand, was signed by Lt. Col. Edward Bloodgood (c1831-1914) as commanding officer of the 22nd Wisconsin Infantry. The report is dated 10 July 1864, and recounts the regiment's operations from 16 May to 10 July, during the drive on Atlanta. Throughout this period the 22nd was attached to 2nd (Coburn's) Brigade, 3rd Division, 20th Army Corps, in George...
- Atlanta Campaign, 1864 1
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Shiloh, Battle of, Tenn., 1862 1
- Bloodgood, Edward, c. 1831-1914 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Department of Mississippi and East Louisiana 1
- Ruggles, Daniel, 1810-1897 1
- United States. Army. Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, 22nd (1862-1865) 1