Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Identifier: MSE/MD 6417
Scope and Contents This collection contains the World War I papers of Captain James Martyn (J.M.) Eaves, spanning just before his service, through the war, and into post-war Occupied Europe. The collection contains five diaries in Eaves’ hand specifically detailing his day-to-day experiences in the war. In the back of the diaries, Eaves wrote notes and letter drafts, and enclosed photographs and newspaper clippings. The bulk of the collection consists of letters sent to and from Captain Eaves. The majority of the...
Dates: undated; Majority of material found within 1915 - 1916
Identifier: MSE/MD 3820
Abstract The manuscript diaries of Surgeon Lieutenant George Marshall Oakden, who served in the British Navy from 1914 to 1919, and the letters of his brother, Arthur, who died in the Gallipoli Campaign in 1915.
Identifier: MSE/REE 0013
Abstract Eleonora Petrovna Gomberg-Verzhbinskaia was a well known art critic and historian of art, and the collection consists of documents, diaries, correspondence, written drafts, photographs, books, and slides. Gomberg's daughter, Nina Rabinowich, is a practicing artist, and her husband, Boris Rabinowich, was an important non-conformist artist. The family emigrated to Vienna, Austria, in 1977, and the collection includes catalogs, brochures, and posters for art exhibits of both Boris and Nina as well...
Dates: 1900-2014; (bulk 1930s-1990s)
Identifier: MSN/MN 10023
Scope and Contents The Michael Perkins Papers consist of the professional and personal papers of Michael Perkins (1942-), a poet, critic, editor, and erotic fiction author. His professional materials represent his writing process for his fiction and poetry, from proposals sent to publishing houses, to multiple rough drafts of his works, to final proofs, as well as publicity for published materials. Also included is a large collection of editorial correspondence with literary agents and publishing houses. Along...
Dates: 1942 - 2016
Identifier: MSN/MN 0512
Abstract Personal and military documents of Lt. Morris Cooper Foote, 9th Infantry, United States Army, along with related Congressional documents. Included in the collection is a manuscript diary recording Foote's experiences from 1866 to 1869 in Alaska (its first 19 months as a U.S. territory) and from 1869 to 1871 in the Department of the Platte.
Dates: 1863-1881, undated
Identifier: MSN/CW 5111
Abstract Four manuscript letters addressed to New York investor Thomas F. Mason, discussing the cotton trade conducted by northern merchants with Confederate held areas along the Mississippi River during the American Civil War.
Identifier: MSN/CW 1015
Abstract The Civil War letters, wartime manuscripts and postwar family papers of William Judson Howe (1838-1925) of Bradford County, Pennsylvania, who served in Company C of the 7th Pennsylvania Cavalry from 1862 to 1865.
Dates: 1857-1993; Majority of material found in 1861-1865
- Diaries 5
- Photographs 4
- Electronic records (digital records) 2
- Ephemera 2
- Manuscripts (documents) 2
- Postcards 2
- Reports 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Diaries 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Great Britain 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, British 2
- American poetry -- 20th century 1
- American poetry -- 20th century -- History and criticism 1
- Art history and criticism 1
- Art, Soviet 1
- Businessmen -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Carpe Diem 1
- Catalogs (documents) 1
- Chinook jargon 1 ∧ less
- Bronk, William 1
- Chilkat Indians 1
- Eaves, James Martyn, 1881-1963 1
- Foote, Morris C. (Morris Cooper), 1843-1905 1
- Great Britain. Army. Royal Army Service Corps 1
- Howe, William Judson, 1838-1925 1
- Keogh, Sylvia Amelia Louise, 1883-1953 1
- Mason, Thomas F., (Thomas Fales), 1815-1899 1
- Oakden, George Marshall, Surgeon Lieutenant 1
- Perkins, Michael (D.M. Perkins) 1
- United States. Army. Department of the Platte 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Cavalry Regiment, 7th (1861-1865) 1 ∧ less