Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Identifier: EPH 5049
Scope and Contents One game for two to four players manufactured by McLoughlin Brothers, New York. Players spin to advance wooden pawns along an oblong path printed on a board. The board is designed to resemble a patchwork quilt with fourteen numbered, illustrated ‘patches’ each depicting rural pastimes such as gathering chicken eggs and husking corn. When players land on a space corresponding with one of these pastimes, they collect a bone marker piece. Once all of the markers have been collected, the player...
Dates: Copyright: 1903
Identifier: EPH 5047
Scope and Contents One simple race board game for two to four players, manufactured by McLoughlin Brothers, New York. Designed for younger children, players spin and advance wooden pieces along a grid of numbered squares to play. Colorful illustrations including monkeys, a clown, leaping dogs, and a tightrope walker denote squares that offer advancement or setback along the players’ route.
Dates: Copyright: 1899
Identifier: EPH 5051
Scope and Contents One strategy-based board game for two players produced by McLoughlin Brothers. The game board consists of concentric rings of colored cells, surrounded by illustrated jungle scenes. The object of the game is to determine whether the first player’s game pieces representing a tiger and its 6 cubs, or the second player’s game pieces representing an elephant and its 6 ‘beaters’ will be first to move from the outermost ring to occupy the ‘jungle’ at the center of the board.
Dates: Copyright: 1897
Identifier: EPH 5044
Scope and Contents One board game for two to four players manufactured by McLoughlin Brothers, New York and copyrighted by J. A. Crozier. Players spin to advance pawns along a spiral-shaped course replicating the globe-circling trip accomplished by Nellie Bly. Seventy-two illustrated squares describe Bly’s location on each day of her journey. Some squares are marked with instructions that send players forward or back along the course. The first player arrive at the 73rd space, representing a return to ‘New...
Dates: Copyright: 1890
- Board games -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Specimens 3
- Board games -- History -- 20th century -- Specimens 1
- Bone (material) 1
- Circus -- History -- 19th century -- Illustrations 1
- Country life -- Simulation games -- Specimens 1
- Country life -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Illustrations 1
- Farm life -- Simulation games -- Specimens 1
- Farm life -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Illustrations 1
- Tiger hunting -- History -- 19th century 1
- Tiger in art -- 19th century -- Specimens 1
- Voyages around the world -- Simulation games -- Specimens 1
- Working elephants -- History -- 19th century -- Illustrations 1 ∧ less
- Bly, Nellie, 1864-1922 1
- Crozier, J. A. 1