Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Identifier: MSN/CW 8010
Abstract A manuscript Civil War diary of Confederate States Army lieutenant Alfred Moore, written as a member of Co. I, 11th Virginia Cavalry. Moore's entries extend from September 1864 to February 1865: events covered include Hampton's cattle raid and Rosser's raid on Beverly, West Virginia.
Identifier: MSN/CW 8011
Abstract A manuscript Civil War diary of Confederate States Army lieutenant George H. Murphy, written as a member of Co. D, 23rd Virginia Cavalry. Entries extend from 1 March to 13 April 1865, and recount the author's movements up and down the Shenandoah Valley.
- Beverly (W. Va.) -- History, Military -- 19th century 1
- Shenandoah Valley Campaign, 1864 (August-November) 1
- Shenandoah Valley Campaign, 1865 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Cavalry Regiment, 11th 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Cavalry Regiment, 23rd 1
- Moore, Alfred, b. 1837 1
- Murphy, George H., b. ca. 1836 1