Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: MSE/MD 3820
Abstract The manuscript diaries of Surgeon Lieutenant George Marshall Oakden, who served in the British Navy from 1914 to 1919, and the letters of his brother, Arthur, who died in the Gallipoli Campaign in 1915.
Identifier: MSE/REE 0013
Abstract Eleonora Petrovna Gomberg-Verzhbinskaia was a well known art critic and historian of art, and the collection consists of documents, diaries, correspondence, written drafts, photographs, books, and slides. Gomberg's daughter, Nina Rabinowich, is a practicing artist, and her husband, Boris Rabinowich, was an important non-conformist artist. The family emigrated to Vienna, Austria, in 1977, and the collection includes catalogs, brochures, and posters for art exhibits of both Boris and Nina as well...
Dates: 1900-2014; (bulk 1930s-1990s)
Identifier: MSN/CW 1014
Abstract Civil War papers and realia of James C. Woodworth of Worcester, Massachusetts, who from 1861 to 1864 served in Co. H of the 25th Massachusetts Infantry, rising to lieutenant. Included in the collection are a 6-volume wartime diary and an album containing 73 tintype portraits of members of Co. H.
Dates: 1861-1900; Majority of material found in 1861-1865
Identifier: MSN/MN 10023
Scope and Contents The Michael Perkins Papers consist of the professional and personal papers of Michael Perkins (1942-), a poet, critic, editor, and erotic fiction author. His professional materials represent his writing process for his fiction and poetry, from proposals sent to publishing houses, to multiple rough drafts of his works, to final proofs, as well as publicity for published materials. Also included is a large collection of editorial correspondence with literary agents and publishing houses. Along...
Dates: 1942 - 2016
Identifier: MSN/EA 8004
Abstract A manuscript diary for 1860 kept by a doctor named Ostrom Stephen Lont, from Mazeppa, Wabasha County, Minnesota. Accompanying the diary are around 40 unidentified carte-de-visite portrait photographs and two Lont family bibles.
Identifier: MSN/MN 0509
Abstract A collection of personal papers of the "millionaire socialists" Anna Strunsky Walling and William English Walling and their family, mostly dating from the 1920s and 30s. Included are more than 500 letters to, from, and between Strunsky-Walling family members, and two diaries of Anna Strunsky Walling.
Dates: 1906-1967; Majority of material found in ( 1925-1937)
Identifier: MSN/MN 0513
Scope and Contents The collection documents both the personal life and the professional activities of Sydney Hobart Ball. It includes more than 1,600 of Ball's letters, mainly written to family members while on mining trips around the world, as well as over 1,000 photos taken by Ball during these trips. There are also reports, articles and notes written by Ball on mining, as well as maps of places he visited. Also present in the collection is correspondence belonging to Ball's wife Mary, and to his daughters Mary...
Dates: 1885 – 1991; Majority of material found in 1905 – 1949
Identifier: MSN/CW 1015
Abstract The Civil War letters, wartime manuscripts and postwar family papers of William Judson Howe (1838-1925) of Bradford County, Pennsylvania, who served in Company C of the 7th Pennsylvania Cavalry from 1862 to 1865.
Dates: 1857-1993; Majority of material found in 1861-1865
- Diaries 7
- Photographs 6
- Ephemera (general object genre) 5
- Manuscripts (documents) 5
- Letters (correspondence) 4
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 2
- Electronic records (digital records) 2
- Postcards 2
- American poetry -- 20th century 1
- American poetry -- 20th century -- History and criticism 1
- Angola 1
- Arizona 1
- Art history and criticism 1
- Art, Soviet 1
- Articles 1
- Belgian Congo 1
- Bibles 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Carpe Diem 1
- Catalogs (documents) 1 ∧ less
- Danish 1
- French 1
- Abbott, Leonard Dalton, 1878-1953 1
- Ball family 1
- Ball, Farlin Quigley, 1838 – 1917 1
- Ball, Katherine, 1915 – 1935 1
- Ball, Mary Ainsley, 1879 – 1945 1
- Ball, Mary Virginia, 1918 – 2010 1
- Ball, Sydney H. (Sydney Hobart), 1877 – 1949 1
- Bronk, William 1
- Corbett, Rosamond Walling Tirana, 1910-1999 1
- Howe, William Judson, 1838-1925 1
- Lont, Ostrom Stephen, 1821-1893 1
- Mayer, Lucius W., 1882 1
- Oakden, George Marshall, Surgeon Lieutenant 1
- Perkins, Michael (D.M. Perkins) 1
- Rogers, Allen, 1876-1938 1
- Shaler, M. K. (Millard K.) 1
- Société internationale forestière et minière du Congo 1
- United States. Army. Massachusetts Infantry Regiment, 25th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Cavalry Regiment, 7th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Bureau of Mines 1 ∧ less