Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: MSE/IR 1040
Scope and Contents This collection centers on a series of letters sent from the poet Aubrey De Vere to the clergyman Robert Perceval Graves over the course of fifty-five years, particularly pertaining to the life of their mutual friend, William Rowan Hamilton. Also present are several of De Vere’s letters that were sent to an unidentified person, likely Bishop Charles Graves. Additionally included are three letters sent from Elinor O’Brien to Robert Perceval Graves.All of the letters are handwritten,...
Dates: 1833 - 1891; Majority of material found within 1879 - 1883
Identifier: MSH/LAT 0080
Scope and Contents This collection consists of materials forming a record of Cristina Peri Rossi's personal and professional career. Included are drafts of Peri Rossi's fiction and poetry, primarily unpublished; manuscripts and notebooks of Peri Rossi's writings; and clippings of her nonfiction wors from newspapers and magazines. There is also professional and personal correspondence, personal photographs, and academic works on Peri Rossi's writings, such as theses and dissertations. The collection also includes...
Identifier: MSN/MN 3011
Abstract The papers of Louise Imogen Guiney (1861-1920) are comprised of letters, postcards, and a limited number of papers. The majority of the letters and postcards were written by Guiney to J. R. Tutin, a publisher located in Hull, Yorkshire, who hoped to revive interest in 17th c. literature.
Dates: 1895-1926; Majority of material found in 1901-1913
Identifier: MSN/CW 5109
Abstract The collection includes more than 50 manuscript letters written during the Civil War by Pvt. John William Masterson, Co. A, 133rd New York Infantry, as well as later papers relating to Masterson's service and to his son William and daughter Ida.
Dates: 1862-1923; Majority of material found within ( 1862-1865)
Identifier: MSE/IR 1083
Abstract A collection of the papers of Pádraig Ó Concheanainn, including letters on Irish language publications and family papers.
Dates: Majority of material found within circa 1928-1972
Identifier: MSN/EA 0510
Abstract A collection of over 150 personal and professional letters written to, from, or between members of the Richards and Lincoln families of Massachusetts and Illinois, 1754 to 1880. Also present are 60 related documents, including manuscripts, financial records, land records, probate records, and other materials.
Dates: 1754-1880 (bulk 1792-1880)
Identifier: MSH/LAT 0092
Scope and Contents The Rubén Darío Collection is a collection of writings and personal materials of Rubén Darío. The majority of the collection consists of clippings written by Darío, as well as clippings written about Darío, covering a hundred-year span. Included in his personal papers are photographs, correspondence, and manuscripts. Also included in the collection is a series of research materials about Darío compiled by an unknown researcher. Significant topics include Nicaraguan poets, history, and poetry;...
Identifier: MSE/REE 0016
Abstract The papers consist of letters, manuscripts, and phototgraphs, as well as book and journal publications, related to Lifshits, Genkina, and Loseff. The collection also includes material of Irina Kichanova-Lifshits, Boris Semenov, and Mikahil Eremin.
Dates: 1890s-2009; Majority of material found within ( 1940-1990)
- Photographs 5
- Poetry 5
- Clippings (information artifacts) 3
- Articles 2
- Drafts (documents) 2
- Notebooks 2
- Academic dissertations 1
- American poetry 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Authors, Uruguayan -- 20th century 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Books 1
- Boston (Mass.) -- Economic conditions -- 19th century 1
- Boston (Mass.) -- Social conditions -- 19th century 1
- Boston (Mass.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century 1
- Burial records 1
- Business records 1
- Catalogs (documents) 1 ∧ less
- English 6
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Catalan; Valencian 1
- French 1
- German 1
- Darío, Rubén, 1867-1916 1
- De Vere, Aubrey, 1814-1902 1
- Genkina, Asya (1908-1999) 1
- Graves, Robert Perceval, 1810-1893 1
- Guiney, Louise Imogen (1861-1920) 1
- Hamilton, William Rowan, Sir, 1805-1865 1
- Lifshits, Vladimir (1913-1978) 1
- Lincoln, Bradford, 1776-1862 1
- Loseff, Lev (1937-2009) 1
- Mac Amhlaigh, Dónall, 1926-1989 1
- Masterson, John W. (John William), ca. 1844-1880 1
- Ó Conceanainn, Tomás Bán, 1870-1961 1
- Peri Rossi, Cristina, 1941- 1
- Richards, Eliakim, 1775-1852 1
- Trinity College (Dublin, Ireland) 1
- United States. Army. New York Infantry Regiment, 133rd (1861-1865) 1
- Ó Concheanainn, Pádraig, circa 1907-1988 1 ∧ less