Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: EPH 5049
Scope and Contents One game for two to four players manufactured by McLoughlin Brothers, New York. Players spin to advance wooden pawns along an oblong path printed on a board. The board is designed to resemble a patchwork quilt with fourteen numbered, illustrated ‘patches’ each depicting rural pastimes such as gathering chicken eggs and husking corn. When players land on a space corresponding with one of these pastimes, they collect a bone marker piece. Once all of the markers have been collected, the player...
Dates: Copyright: 1903
Identifier: EPH 5050
Scope and Contents One simple racing board game for two or four players manufactured by Parker Brothers, Salem, Massachusetts as a part of its ‘Adventure Series.’ The game’s box lid depicts Teddy Roosevelt leading the Rough Riders during the Spanish-American War in Cuba. The game board within is designed to represent the battlefield at San Juan Hill and is marked with ten possible routes from ‘camp’ to ‘victory.’ Players spin to advance wooden pawns along chosen routes. The first player to reach ‘victory’ wins...
Identifier: EPH 5058
Scope and Contents One incomplete set of games originally issued as the ‘Twentieth Century Fun Box,’ along with unrelated game pieces and magic trick props. Games present and issued with the original ‘Fun Box’ set are: ‘Putting on the Lid’ (1 game board, 17 discs), ‘Amrest’ (1 game board), and ‘Naval Battle’ (1 game board). The ‘Fun Box’ was originally manufactured by Geo. B. Doan & Co., Chicago, and copyrighted in 1905. The ‘Twentieth Century Fun Box’ is incomplete per description on box lid....
- Wood (plant material) 2
- Bone (material) 1
- Country life -- Simulation games -- Specimens 1
- Country life -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Illustrations 1
- Farm life -- Simulation games -- Specimens 1
- Farm life -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Illustrations 1
- Magic tricks -- Equipment and supplies -- Specimens 1
- Paper (fiber product) 1
- Paper war games -- Specimens 1
- San Juan Hill, Battle of, Cuba, 1898 -- Simulation games -- Specimens 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 -- Campaigns -- Cuba 1
- String (fiber product) 1 ∧ less
- Geo. B. Doan & Co., 1
- McLoughlin Bros. 1
- Parker Brothers, Inc. 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919. 1