Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Herbert Benezet Tyson Letters
Identifier: MSN/CW 5010
Abstract A group of 5 letters written by naval lieutenant Herbert Benezet Tyson of the U.S.S. Connecticut, during that ship's cruise to and around the Caribbean in winter/spring 1865.
Pugh Family Letters
Identifier: MSN/CW 5009
Abstract A group of 12 letters written by the Western Pennsylvania Quakers John and Joseph Pugh during the Civil War. Included are 6 letters written by John during his service aboard the U.S.S. Quaker City, of the navy's East Gulf Blockading Squadron.
- Caribbean Area -- Description and travel 1
- Caribbean Area -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Caribbean Area -- History, Naval -- 19th century 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Participation, Quaker 1
- Connecticut (Ship) 1
- Pugh, John, ca. 1833-1924 1
- Pugh, Joseph T., 1809-1903 1
- Quaker City (Ship) 1
- Tyson, Herbert Benezet, b. ca. 1842 1