Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: MSE/REE 0004
Abstract The papers consist of documents, letters, photographs, audiocassettes, and some printed material. The greater part of the collection contains materials relating to Aleksandr Ginzburg's second arrest and imprisonment (1967-1972), including almost 2,000 letters and original trial documents. The collection also includes material relating to Aleksandr Ginzburg's third arrest and imprisonment (1977-1979), documents of the Moscow Helsinki Watch Group, and material relating to Arina and Aleksandr...
Dates: circa 1950s-2016
Identifier: MSE/REE 0021
Abstract The collection consists of documents, letters, photographs, and some manuscripts relating to Evgeniia Ginzburg, the author of Krutoi Marshrut, an autobiographical account of the author's experience in the Soviet labor camps. Krutoi Marshrut has been translated into English in two volumes: Journey into the Whirlwind and Within the Whirlwind. The collection also includes materials relating to the life and...
Dates: 1914-2014; Majority of material found in 1930s-1970s
Identifier: MSE/REE 0036
Scope and Contents The Barabtarlo Collection consists of letters, postcards, emails, manuscripts, photographs, audiocassettes, and videocassettes. These items were collected by Gennady Barabtarlo over the course of his association with the Nabokov Family and with Alexander Asarkan.
Identifier: MSE/REE 0014
Abstract The papers consist of manuscripts, letters, and miscellaneous items of Natalia A. Roskina and of her daughter, Irina V. Roskina, as well as 50 photographs of the two women and people they knew such as: Anna Akhmatova, Boris Pasternak, and Evgenii Rein.
Identifier: MSE/REE 0045
Scope and Contents The first part of the collection includes a video archive of interviews conducted by Nicolas Miletitch with seventeen famous Soviet human rights activists and dissidents. The video archive is accompanied by full transcripts of interviews. The interviewees describe their “anti-Soviet” activities defending human rights under the totalitarian regime in the 1960s-1980s. Among topics discussed are working of the Solzhenitsyn Fund; activities of the Moscow Helsinki Watch group (1976-1980) which...
Dates: 1970 - 2020
Identifier: MSE/REE 0001
Abstract This collection derives from three generations of a prominent and historically important Russian-Georgian family. It includes personal and professional correspondence, diaries, documents, photographs, and other manuscript and print formats.
Identifier: MSN/MN 0510
Abstract A collection including more than 2,500 pieces of correspondence to and from Thomas W. Cridler, mostly relating to his role as European Commissioner for the Louisiana Purchase Exposition (the St. Louis World's Fair) held in St. Louis, Missouri in 1904. Some of Cridler's correspondence is with fair administrators and U.S. diplomatic figures; some is with representatives of European nations targeted for inclusion. Also in the collection are smaller accumulations of other types of fair-related...
Dates: 1898-1911; Majority of material found in 1901-1904
Identifier: MSE/REE 0006
Abstract The materials include collections assembled by Vagrich Bakhchanyan (1938-2009), a prominent Soviet and, after emigration, American artist, writer, and poet, and his wife Irene: The Stalin Test (drawings of Joseph Stalin by leading Russian and émigré artists, writers, and cultural figures), the Eduard Limonov Papers, the Mail Art Collection, and the Vagrich and Irene Bakhchanyan papers, which consist of correspondence, materials from Bakhchanyan's library, photographs, and visual ephemera.
- Correspondence 4
- Photographs 4
- Clippings (information artifacts) 3
- Letters (correspondence) 3
- Manuscripts (documents) 3
- Poetry 3
- Audiocassettes 2
- Concentration camps -- Soviet Union 2
- Electronic records (digital records) 2
- Forced labor -- Soviet Union 2
- Memoirs 2
- Political prisoners -- Soviet Union 2
- Articles 1
- Brochures 1
- Business cards 1
- Dissenters -- Soviet Union 1
- Dissenters -- Soviet Union -- Interviews 1
- Dissenters -- Ukraine -- Interviews 1
- Dissenters, Artistic -- Soviet Union 1
- Drawings (visual works) 1 ∧ less
- English 5
- French 2
- Georgian 1
- German 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Ginzburg, Arina Sergeevna, 1937-2021 2
- Aksenov, Vasilii, 1932-2009 1
- Alekseeva, Liudmila Mikhailovna, 1927-2018 1
- Asarkan, Alexander, 1930-2004 1
- Axenova, Antonina 1
- Bakhchani︠a︡n, Vagrich 1
- Barabtarlo, Gennady, 1949- 1
- Begun, Yosif, 1932- 1
- Chichinadze, Vissarion Alexeevich, 1887-1937 1
- Cridler, Thomas W., (Thomas Wilbur), 1850-1914 1
- Galetskii, Rostislav Nikoavich, 1948- 1
- Ginzburg, Aleksandr, 1936-2002 1
- Ginzburg, Evgenii︠a︡ 1
- Gluzman, Semen (Semen Fishelevich) 1
- Gorbanevskai︠a︡, Natalʹi︠a︡ 1
- I︠A︡kunin, Gleb, 1935-2014 1
- Khodorovich, Sergei Dmitrievich, 1940- 1
- Kovalev, S. A. ((Sergeĭ Adamovich)), 1930- 1
- Laskova, Vera Iosifovna, 1940- 1
- Lavut, Aleksandr Pavlovich, 1929-2013 1 ∧ less