Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Isaac Ira White Letter
Identifier: MSN/CW 5031
Abstract A personal letter written on 9 April 1864 by Confederate corporal Isaac Ira White, Co. H, 11th Virginia Cavalry, from camp in Rockbridge County, Virginia.
Peed Family Letters
Identifier: MSN/CW 5037
Abstract Sixteen personal letters written by the brothers John Nathaniel Peed and James Oscar Peed, during their Civil War service in Co. I, 9th Virginia Cavalry (CS). Many of John Peed's 14 letters were written in 1864-65, from the environs of Petersburg.
Shriver Family Correspondence
Identifier: MSN/CW 5030
Abstract A group of seven Civil War era letters and notes written by two members of the Shriver family of Owings Mills, Maryland. Much of the content relates to Thomas Herbert Shriver, who served at Gettysburg with the 1st Virginia Cavalry (CS) and subsequently attended the Virginia Military Institute.
Sillers-Holmes Family Correspondence
Identifier: MSN/CW 5025
Abstract A group of 18 family letters, 14 of which were written in 1862-63 by Confederate Lt. Col. William W. Sillers of the 30th North Carolina Infantry. The letters are directed to Sillers' sister, Frances Sillers Holmes, in Sampson County, North Carolina.
Dates: 1859-1864; Majority of material found in 1862-1863
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence 2
- Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863 1
- Maryland -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Siege, 1864-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 30th 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Cavalry Regiment, 11th 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Cavalry Regiment, 1st 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Cavalry Regiment, 9th 1
- Holmes, Frances Sillers, b. ca. 1834 1