Orange Bowl College Football Programs
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of college football Orange Bowl programs. The programs typically contain pictures, articles, and statistics about the players on the teams playing in the Orange Bowl. Most programs also include pictures and information about coaches, other team personnel, and Orange Bowl administrators, data about the participating schools, and advertisements. Some programs include information about other events associated with the Orange Bowl including beauty pageants and basketball tournaments. The programs tend to become longer and more substantial through the years. Formats include programs.
- 1940 - 2013
Conditions Governing Access
There are no access restrictions on this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright status for collection materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public.
Biographical / Historical
Originating in 1935, the Orange Bowl has been played annually in the Miami Florida area on or near New Year’s Day and features two college football teams, often from different regions of the country.
1.5 Cubic Feet (3 flat archive boxes (letter))
Language of Materials
Programs arranged chronologically.
The programs are not housed in folders.
- Bowls (Game) Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- College athletes Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- College sports Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Football -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Orange Bowl (Football game)
- Programs (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Jayne Schlutt
- 2022 June
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description