Identifier: EPH 5048
Scope and Contents
One game for two to four players copyrighted and published by J. H. Singer, New York. Players spin to advance yacht-shaped pieces across an illustrated board designed to represent the navigation of a vessel through a cove and around an island. The first player completing a lap and returning to the start/finish flag wins.
- Copyright: 1890
- J. H. Singer (Firm) (Manufacturer, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The item is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright status for collection materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
1 box (1 game (1 board, 4 pieces, 1 spinner)) : cardboard, metal, wood, color ; 36 x 21 cm board in 37 x 22 x 3 cm box
Language of Materials
Rules of play printed on spinner.
- Board games -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Specimens Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Board games (game sets) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Cardboard Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Game pieces (game elements) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Gameboards (board game elements) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Metal Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Wood (plant material) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Yachting -- History -- 19th century -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Jennifer Brcka
- 2019 September 16
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note