Polish Solidarnosc Collection
Identifier: MSE/REE 0041
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of political ephemera produced by Solidarity (Solidarnosc), a Polish labor union founded in 1980 at the Lenin Shipyard. It was the first trade union in a Warsaw Pact country that was not controlled by a communist party. Materials include broadsides, handbills, and pamphlets.
- 1981 - 1988
Conditions Governing Access
There are no access restrictions on this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright status for collection materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
.25 Cubic feet
Language of Materials
This collection is unarranged.
- Broadsides (notices) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Handbills Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pamphlets Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Poland -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Solidarity (Polish labor organization) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Polish Solidarnosc Collection
- Under Revision
- Hannah E. Sabal
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note