Williams Family Land Deeds
Identifier: MSN/COL 1000
Scope and Contents
A group of 28 deeds of sale recording land purchases made by Ephraim Williams (1691-1761) and his son, Captain Elias Williams (1718-1798), of Wethersfield, Hartford County, Connecticut. The transactions involved many different individuals, though 24 of the 28 parcels thus acquired were located in Wethersfield. The nine earliest deeds (1726-1758) cite Ephraim Williams as purchaser; all thereafter cite Elias Williams.
- 1726 - 1776
- Williams, Elias, 1718-1798 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials in English.
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on access.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright status for collection materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
.5 Cubic Feet (1 document box)
Deeds arranged chronologically by sale date.
Some deeds partially printed.
- Deeds Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Deeds -- Connecticut -- Wethersfield -- History -- 18th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Real property -- Connecticut -- Wethersfield -- History -- 18th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Williams family
- Williams Family Land Deeds
- Jennifer Brcka
- November 12, 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note