Arthur Preuss Papers
Scope and Content
Letters (1895-1935) from John J. Ming, S.J., of St. Ignatius College in Cleveland, Joseph H. Meier of the Official Catholic Directory, Frederick P. Kenkel of the Catholic Central Verein, Joseph M. Schifferli of the (Buffalo) Echo, Peter Guilday of the American Catholic Historical Association, Simon Baldus of the Catholic Press Association, and others; correspondence between Preuss and F. Makert, SVD, of the Mission Press, Techny, Illinois (1905-1931); correspondence with and concerning fraternal orders and secret societies; and a few other letters written by Preuss.
Also microfilm containing letters of condolence on the death of his first wife (1900); correspondence in German relating to personal and business matters, including a series of letters from his father Edward; and a twelve-page typed diary (May to October 1906).
- Creation: 1882-1933.
- Preuss, Arthur, 1871-1934 (Person)
Language of Materials
In English , German and French .
Catholic journalist, founder and editor of the Fortnightly Review.
4 linear inches. 1 reel of microfilm.
- Ming, John J. (John Joseph) 1838-1910. (Person)
- Meier, Joseph H. (Person)
- Kenkel, Frederick, 1863-1952 (Person)
- Schifferli, Joseph M. (Person)
- Guilday, Peter, 1884-1947 (Person)
- Baldus, Simon A. (Simon Alexander), 1872- (Person)
- Fortnightly review (St. Louis, Mo.) (Organization)
- Preuss, Arthur, 1871-1934. (Person)
- Arthur Preuss Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note