Peter Rosen Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence (1882-1887) involving Bishop Martin Marty, OSB, Edward Sorin, CSC, William Corby, CSC, Alexis Granger, CSC, and Alexander Kirsch, CSC, concerning financial problems of the mission at Deadwood, South Dakota, and other problems of clergy in the Dakotas; pamphlets, clippings, and a photograph of Rosen (1894); a tour book he wrote, Hundert Tage In Europa (St. Louis: Druck der Amerika, 1895); and a broadside describing a religious conversion in South Dakota; with information on the conditions of the Indians in the Dakotas and weather in the Black Hills.
- Rosen, Peter, 1850-1906. (Person)
Language of Materials
In English and German .
Member of the Congregation of Holy Cross during the 1880s; missionary to the Indians in South Dakota.
2.5 linear inches.
- Broadsides (notices) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Conversion -- Catholic Church Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corby, William, 1833-1897.
- Eulogies (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Granger, Alexis, 1817-1893.
- Indians of North America -- Missions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indians of North America -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kirsch, Alexander Marion, 1855-1923.
- Letters. Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Marty, Martin, 1834-1896.
- Rosen, Peter, 1850-1906
- Sorin, Edward.
- Peter Rosen Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note