Midwest Council of La Raza Records
Scope and Content
Office files including committee minutes and correspondence; financial records such as receipts, check stubs, accounts of program expenditures, fundraising proposals, and fundraising information; subject files on demographics, labor conditions of migrant workers, immigration, bilingual education, and other topics; La Raza news releases, clippings, and scrapbooks; correspondence and clippings from the Groundskeepers Rights Association, University of Notre Dame, 1977-1979; and files of the Midwest Hispanic Catholic Commission's study of the historical development of Hispanic Catholics in the United States.
- Midwest Council of La Raza. (Organization)
Language of Materials
In English and Spanish .
Advocacy agency for Spanish-speaking migrant workers in Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wisconsin. It was established in 1970 as part of the Institute for Urban Studies, University of Notre Dame. Directors were Olga Villa, 1970-1971 and Ricardo Para, 1971- .
111 linear feet.
- Church work with immigrants Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Education, Bilingual Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hispanic American Catholics Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Immigrants -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Midwest Council of La Raza.
- Midwest Hispanic Catholic Commission.
- Migrant labor Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Para, Ricardo.
- University of Notre Dame. Institute for Urban Studies.
- Villa, Olga.
- Midwest Council of La Raza Records
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note