Patrick Marantette Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence with Lewis Cass, Secretary of War, Alexis Coquillard, trader in South Bend, Edward Sorin, CSC, president of the University of Notre Dame, and others, pertaining mostly to business affairs, the second Indian removal from the area in 1840, and Marantette's claims arising from it; and Marentette's account book, 1838-1840.
- Marantette, Patrick, 1807-1878. (Person)
Language of Materials
French trader with the Indians in Mendon (St. Joseph County), Michigan.
5 linear inches.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
A gift from the Marantette family acquired by Paul J. Foik, CSC, University Librarian, 26 October 1915.
One box of dated correspondence has been microfilmed.
- Cass, Lewis, 1782-1866.
- Coquillard, Alexis, 1795-1855.
- Indians of North America -- Relocation Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters. Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Marantette, Patrick, 1807-1878.
- Sorin, Edward.
- Patrick Marantette Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note