Leo R. Ward Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence with Elizabeth Brownson, Etienne Gilson, Theodore M. Hesburgh, CSC, Ann Harrigan Makletzoff, Jacques Maritain, Eugene McCarthy, John F. O'Hara, CSC, Josef Pieper, Paul Simon, and Yves Simon; manuscripts of several books including The Catholic Quaker Boy, Concerning Mary Ann, Irish Portraits and Other Poems, Working Together for Freedom, Ourselves, Inc., Holding up the Hills, and his autobiography; notebooks kept during the writing of several books on the history of cooperatives; and a eulogy by Ernan McMullin.
- Ward, Leo R. (Leo Richard), 1893- (Person)
Language of Materials
Priest of the Congregation of Holy Cross, professor of philosophy, University of Notre Dame, 1928-1984, poet, and historian of the cooperative movement in the United States.
1.5 linear feet.
- Brownson, Elizabeth.
- Cooperation -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cooperative societies -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gilson, Etienne, 1884-1978.
- Hesburgh, Theodore Martin, 1917-
- Makletzoff, Ann Harrigan, 1910-1984.
- Maritain, Jacques, 1882-1973.
- McCarthy, Eugene J., 1916-
- O'Hara, John F. (John Francis), 1888-1960.
- Pieper, Josef, 1904-
- Simon, Paul, 1928-
- Simon, Yves René Marie, 1903-1961.
- Ward, Leo R. (Leo Richard), 1893-1984.
- Leo R. Ward Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note