Maurice Francis Egan Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence, 1881-1922, including a letter from Egan to Mrs. Theodore Roosevelt, 18 December 1911, and letters written by Bishop M.A. Corrigan and Eustace Cullinan; manuscripts of fiction and poetry; and a copy of Egan's The Leopard of Lancianus and Other Short Stories (1898).
Also microfilm containing correspondence from the archives' calendared collections and material from various issues of the Notre Dame Scholastic by and about Maurice Francis Egan, including business correspondence with the Catholic World, the Freeman's Journal, and the Ave Maria, and correspondence with Daniel E. Hudson, CSC, James A. McMaster, and William J. Onahan.
- Creation: 1879-1922.
- Egan, Maurice Francis, 1852-1924 (Person)
Language of Materials
Professor of English, University of Notre Dame, 1885-1895; American minister to Denmark, 1907-1918.
2.5 linear inches. 1 reel of microfilm.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Microfilm source: Notre Dame Archives and Brother Raymond Weitekamp, FSC.
- Roosevelt, Theodore, Mrs. 1861-1948. (Person)
- University of Notre Dame (Organization)
- Corrigan, Michael Augustine, 1839-1902. (Person)
- Cullinan, Eustace, 1876- (Person)
- Hudson, Daniel E. (Daniel Eldred), 1849-1926 (Person)
- McMaster, James Alphonsus, 1820-1886. (Person)
- Onahan, William James, 1836-1919. (Person)
- Maurice Francis Egan Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note