James E. Hagerty Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence, 1914-1941; notes and manuscript copies of Hagerty's writings such as "The Catholic Church and Social Reform;" and clippings concerning Hagerty's career and the death of Monsignor John A. Ryan in 1945.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Contractual restrictions may apply.
Criminologist, professor of sociology and social administration, Ohio State University, 1901-1940, and president of the National Catholic Conference on Industrial Problems, 1928-1937.
5 linear inches.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hagerty, James E. (James Edward), 1869-1946.
- Letters. Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Ryan, John Augustine, 1869-1945.
- Social service -- Religious aspects -- Christianity. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- James E. Hagerty Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note