Catholic institutions printed material
Scope and Content
Books, pamphlets, newspaper clippings, yearbooks, catalogues, bulletins, newsletters, and other printed material pertaining to some 400 Catholic institutions located throughout the United States, though primarily in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio; concerning educational facilities (parish schools, high schools run by dioceses and religious orders, academies, colleges, and universities); hospitals, infirmaries and sanitariums; charitable services (orphanages, asylums, mission homes, and homes for children and the aged); and seminaries; with information on student enrollment and activities, teachers, graduations, dedications, and general histories.
- Creation: 1851-1979.
Language of Materials
12 linear feet.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
University of Notre Dame Microfilmer Francis P. Clark accumulated the bulk of this collection which the Archives received following his death in 1979.
Genre / Form
- Catholic Church -- Education
- Catholic health facilities -- United States
- Catholic high schools -- United States
- Catholic hospitals -- United States
- Catholic schools -- United States
- Catholic universities and colleges -- United States
- Nursing homes -- United States -- Catholic Church
- Orphanages -- United States -- Catholic Church
- Theological seminaries, Catholic -- United States.
- Catholic institutions printed material
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note