Daniel E. Hudson Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence (1873-1933) with contributors of articles or poetry including Eliza Allen Starr, Charles Warren Stoddard, Maurice Francis Egan, Christian Reid (Frances Tiernan), and many others both in this country and in England; letters from Archbishop Patrick William Riordan, and Bishops Bernard McQuaid, John Lancaster Spalding, and Camillus Paul Maes; a manuscript by Eliza Allen Starr, Woman in Art; part of Bishop Sylvester Rosecrans' autobiographical account of his conversion; photographs, sermons, and a book of autographs.
- Creation: 1873-1924
Language of Materials
Editor of The Ave Maria, 1875-1928.
8.5 linear feet. 5 linear inches of photographs.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Daniel E. Hudson
- Starr, Eliza Allen, 1824-1901. (Person)
- Stoddard, Charles Warren, 1843-1909 (Person)
- Egan, Maurice Francis, 1852-1924 (Person)
- Reid, Christian, 1846-1920. (Person)
- Riordan, Patrick William, 1841-1914. (Person)
- McQuaid, Bernard John, 1823-1909. (Person)
- Spalding, John Lancaster, 1840-1916 (Person)
- Maes, Camillus Paul, 1846-1915. (Person)
- Rosecrans, Sylvester Horton, 1827-1878. (Person)
- Daniel E. Hudson Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note