Louis L. Hasley Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence with the Catholic Poetry Society of America, 1935-1939, College English Association, 1939- 1971, Indiana College English Association, John T. Frederick, Richard Sullivan, Harry Sylvester, Murray Hickey Ley, and others; class records and exams; department of English notices, 1967-1972; manuscript copies of his work; photographs; and letters signed by prominent authors collected by Hasley, including T.S. Eliot, Vachel Lindsay, Frank Sheed, Maisie Ward, Robert Penn Warren, and E.B. White.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Contractual restrictions may apply.
Professor of English, University of Notre Dame, 1931-1973.
2 linear feet. 74 photographs.
- American literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Brunini, John Gilland, 1899-
- Catholic Poetry Society of America.
- College English Association.
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965.
- Frederick, John T. (John Towner), 1893-1975.
- Hasley, Louis L. (Louis Leonard), 1906-
- Indiana College English Association.
- Letters. Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Ley, Murray Hickey.
- Lindsay, Vachel, 1879-1931.
- Sheed, F. J. (Francis Joseph), 1897-
- Sullivan, Richard, 1908-1981.
- Sylvester, Harry, 1908-
- Ward, Maisie, 1889-1975.
- Warren, Robert Penn, 1905-
- White, E. B. (Elwyn Brooks), 1879-1985.
- Louis L. Hasley Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note