Thomas J. Gumbleton Papers
Scope and Content Note
Correspondence, minutes, talks, and photographs; papers generated by his work as a member of the National Conference of Catholic Bishops and the United States Catholic Conference and through his involvement in many social action groups, including Pax Christi USA and Bread for the World; with material on the Michigan Catholic Conference, the war in Vietnam, the Detroit Archdiocesan Synod of 1969, and the United States Bishops' Pastoral Letter on War and Peace, The Challenge of Peace: God's Promise and Our Response (1983); and a tape recording of Gumbleton on the Phil Donahue Show.
- Creation: 1960-[ongoing]
- Gumbleton, Thomas J. (Person)
Language of Materials
Auxiliary Bishop of Detroit since 1968.
130 linear feet.
- Catholic Church. National Conference of Catholic Bishops. (Organization)
- United States Catholic Conference (Organization)
- Michigan Catholic Conference. (Organization)
- Pax Christi USA. (Organization)
- Bread for the World (Organization). (Organization)
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Detroit (MI) (Organization)
- Thomas J. Gumbleton Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note