Joseph P. Evans Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence, 1929-1979; articles and lectures by Evans, 1929-1969; subject files from Evans' work on such projects as the Head Injury Committee, National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Blindness, 1967-1969, and the Adlai Stevenson Institute of International Affairs, 1969; and travel diaries of Evans, 1953-1972.
Also personal documents such as genealogical records, weekly reminders, and diplomas and honors; photographs; and records of Evans' involvement with the Catholic liturgical renewal movement including minutes and reports of the Liturgical Conference (1960-1966) and the Liturgical Committee of the Archdiocese of Chicago (1964- 1965) and correspondence of the Vernacular Society, 1956- 1965.
- Creation: 1929-1979.
- Evans, Joseph P. (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted by contract.
Professor of surgery, University of Cincinnati, 1937-1954; professor of neurological surgery, University of Chicago, 1954-1970; and director Liturgical Conference, 1960-1966.
32 linear feet.
- National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Blindness (U.S.). (Organization)
- Adlai Stevenson Institute of International Affairs. (Organization)
- Liturgical Conference. (Organization)
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Chicago (IL). Liturgical Committee. (Organization)
- Vernacular Society. (Organization)
- Joseph P. Evans Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note