Charles Fahy Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence, 1910s-1974; briefs submitted by Fahy as Solictor General, 1941-1945; cases handled by Fahy as counsel for NLRB, 1935-1940; articles and book reviews by Fahy, 1930s-1970s; clippings of Fahy, 1910s-1970s; and printed material collected by Fahy.
- Fahy, Charles, 1892-1979. (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Permission of donor or heir required until 1998.
Attorney, World War I naval aviator, chairman of the United States Petroleum Administrative Board, 1933-1935, general counsel National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), 1935-1940, Solicitor General of the United States, 1941- 1945, advisor to U.S. delegations to United Nations General Assembly, 1946, chairman President's Committee on Equality of Treatment and Opportunity in Armed Services, 1948-1950, and judge, U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 1949- 1967.
16.6 linear feet.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fahy, Charles, 1892-1979.
- Letters. Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- United Nations. General Assembly.
- United States President's Committee on Equality of Treatment and Opportunity in Armed Services.
- United States. Courts of Appeals.
- United States. National Labor Relations Board.
- United States. Solicitor General.
- Charles Fahy Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note