Charles L. O'Donnell Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence with Joyce Kilmer, John Ayscough, Wilfrid Meynell, Thomas Walsh, John O'Hara, CSC, Charles Phillips, Joseph J. Boyle, CSC, and others, 1889-1940; manuscripts of O'Donnell's doctoral dissertation, The Prose of Francis Thompson; student Mass books, 1909-1916; class record books; class lecture notes; unpublished poems and a notebook of poetry; lectures and sermons; clippings on the death of Joyce Kilmer; and pamphlets.
- Creation: 1889-1940.
Language of Materials
Poet; professor of English, 1910-1928, and president, 1928-1934, University of Notre Dame; chaplain in World War I.
1.5 linear feet.
- Kilmer, Joyce, 1886-1918. (Person)
- Ayscough, John, 1858-1928 (Person)
- Meynell, Wilfrid, 1852-1948. (Person)
- Walsh, Thomas, 1875-1928. (Person)
- O'Hara, John F. (John Francis), 1888-1960. (Person)
- Phillips, Charles, 1880-1933. (Person)
- Boyle, Joseph J., 1882-1936. (Person)
- Thompson, Francis, 1859-1907. (Person)
- O'Donnell, Charles L. (Charles Leo), 1884-1934. (Person)
- University of Notre Dame -- Presidents (Organization)
- Charles L. O'Donnell Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note