Eusebio Chacon Photographs
Scope and Content
Portraits of Jeb Stuart, Giuseppe Garibaldi, Emperor Maximilian of Mexico and his consort Carlota, and General Don Manuel de Mier y Teran.
- Creation: 1840s-1860s.
- Chacon, Eusebio (Person)
Language of Materials
Born in Penasco, New Mexico, 16 December 1869, Eusebio Chacon grew up in Trinidad, Colorado, attended Las Vegas College in New Mexico, and earned a law degree from the University of Notre Dame in 1889. He taught English in Mexico, practiced law in Colorado, and worked as translator for the United States Court of Private Land Claims. He edited and wrote for El Progreso in Trinidad, Colorado. He wrote El Hijo de la Tempestad, Tras la Tormenta la Calma: Dos Novelitas Originales (Santa Fe, New Mexico: Tipografia de El Boletin Popular, 1892), and some of his work appears in The Norton Anthology of Latino Literature (New York : W.W. Norton, 2011).
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Garibaldi, Giuseppe, 1807-1882 (Person)
- Stuart, Jeb, 1833-1864 (Person)
- Maximilian, Emperor of Mexico, 1832-1867 (Person)
- Carlota, Empress, consort of Maximilian, Emperor of Mexico, 1840-1927 (Person)
- Mier y Teran, Manuel de (Person)
- Eusebio Chacon Photographs
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note