Albert Francis Zahm Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence, 1889-1953; manuscripts by Zahm; diaries, 1930-1941; publications and clippings by and about Zahm; correspondence, reports, and other records concerning his involvement with the Smithsonian Institution, the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics and its Committee on Aerodynamics, the Library of Congress Division of Aeronautics, the Institute of Aeronautical Sciences, and the War Department; material collected by Zahm concerning the North Pole; records of his experiments including notes, design memoranda, lab records, notebooks, sketches, blueprints, and copyright and patent material; teaching and lecture notes; financial records; photographs; and personal effects including a will, membership cards, and addresses.
- Zahm, Albert Francis, 1862- (Person)
Language of Materials
Aviation pioneer, professor of mathematics and mechanics, University of Notre Dame, 1885-1892, and chief of the Aeronautical Division of the Library of Congress, 1929- 1946.
35 linear feet. 1 linear foot of photographs.
- Aerodynamics Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Institute of Aeronautical Sciences.
- Library of Congress Division of Aeronautics.
- North Pole Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Smithsonian Institution.
- United States. National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics Committee on Aerodynamics.
- United States. War Dept.
- Wind tunnels. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Zahm, Albert Francis, 1862-
- Albert Francis Zahm Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note