Center on Conscience and War Records
Scope and Content
Correspondence and collected articles of Gordon Zahn, co-founder and director of the Center on Conscience and War; correspondence of the CCW staff, responding to inquiries and distributing printed material supporting the Center's cause. Correspondents include Bryan Hehir, Michael Dukakis, Sargent Shriver, and Catholic peace organizations, among them Pax Christi USA, the Commission on Catholic Community Action, and the United States Catholic Conference Department of Social Development and World Peace.
- Creation: 1978-[ongoing].
- Center on Conscience & War (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Contractual restrictions may apply.
Located in Cambridge, Mass., and founded in 1981 as a component of Pax Christi USA, "to deal with questions related to conscription, conscientious objection, and alternative service."
5 linear feet.
- Zahn, Gordon C. (Gordon Charles), 1918-2007 (Person)
- Hehir, J. Bryan. (Person)
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933- (Person)
- Shriver, Sargent, 1915- (Person)
- Pax Christi USA. (Organization)
- Commission on Catholic Community Action. (Organization)
- United States Catholic Conference. Dept. of Social Development and World Peace. (Organization)
- Center on Conscience and War Records
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note