Ku Klux Klan and Notre Dame Collection
Scope and Contents
Material concerning the 1924 riot in South Bend, Indiana, between Notre Dame students and the Ku Klux Klan specifically; and the Ku Klux Klan and Notre Dame, in Indiana and in the USA more generally.
- University of Notre Dame. Archives. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Access to university records in any format (paper, digital, photographic, or audiovisual) is governed by state and federal laws, University of Notre Dame policy, and the University of Notre Dame Archives Access Guidelines and is subject to review under the supervision of the Head of the University Archives.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish or publicly disseminate reproductions of any material obtained from the University Archives must be secured from the University Archives and any additional copyright owners prior to such use. Please see Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use of Material for additional information.
Biographical / Historical
The genesis of this collection seems to have been in the President's Office (see UPWL), but additional documents about the Ku Klux Klan have been added to it over the years.
2.5 linear inches.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Collected by the Archives of the University of Notre Dame.
- Anti-Catholicism -- Indiana -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- ) -- Indiana -- History Subject Source: Local sources
- University of Notre Dame -- History -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Notre Dame.
- University records Subject Source: Local sources
- Ku Klux Klan and Notre Dame Collection
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note