Notre Dame Magazine Records
Scope and Contents
Records of Notre Dame Magazine, including a large collection of photographs and a small collection of audio-visual material.
The Notre Dame Magazine photographic collection consists of black and white negatives, contact sheets, and prints. The images depict University events, student life, campus buildings, academics, sporting events, alumni events, faculty, staff, and other institutional departments.
The numbering system is that used by the Notre Dame Magazine office. In addition to the individual negative strip numbering, there is also an added Box / Folder numbering which should aid in finding materials. In some cases the Notre Dame Magazine negatives were retained by the photographers. It is noted in the cataloging if there are no negatives to be found in the files. It is also noted in the catalog if the negatives belong to another collection found within the Notre Dame Archives (i.e., GPHR or GRST). In some cases there are duplicate contact sheets that had been given different numbers. These cases were also noted in the catalog.
- Creation: 1965-1984.
- Notre Dame Magazine (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Access to university records in any format (paper, digital, photographic, or audiovisual) is governed by state and federal laws, University of Notre Dame policy, and the University of Notre Dame Archives Access Guidelines and is subject to review under the supervision of the Head of the University Archives.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish or publicly disseminate reproductions of any material obtained from the University Archives must be secured from the University Archives and any additional copyright owners prior to such use. Please see Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use of Material for additional information.
Biographical / Historical
Notre Dame Magazine, formerly called Alumnus Magazine, reports on University events and activities, institutional trends and campus developments, its people, history and scholarship. It also provides news of Notre Dame's alumni and alumnae as well as the school's Alumni Association. Some of the photographs in this collection were published in Notre Dame Magazine and Insight Magazine. The photographers include Bruce Harlan, Dick Stevens, Jean Claude Lejeune, Robert Phillips, Bruce Roberts, Tim Hughes, Ron Parent, and Gary Mills.
7 linear feet
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Notre Dame Magazine
Genre / Form
- College sports -- Photographs
- Photographs -- Collections
- Universities and colleges -- Indiana -- Photographs.
- Universities and colleges -- United States -- Photographs.
- University of Notre Dame -- Academics -- Photographs.
- University of Notre Dame -- Alumni -- Photographs.
- University of Notre Dame -- Athletics -- Photographs.
- University of Notre Dame -- Basketball -- Photographs.
- University of Notre Dame -- Buildings -- Photographs.
- University of Notre Dame -- Faculty -- Photographs.
- University of Notre Dame -- Football -- Photographs.
- University of Notre Dame -- Photographs.
- University of Notre Dame -- Religious life and customs -- Photographs.
- University of Notre Dame -- Sports -- Photographs.
- University of Notre Dame -- Staff -- Photographs.
- University of Notre Dame -- Students -- Photographs.
- Notre Dame Magazine Records
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note