Catholic Art Association Records
Scope and Content
Correspondence of CAA executive secretaries Ann Grill (1948-1955), Isabelle Mercer (1955-1967), and Maureen Murphy (1968-1975) with members, including Graham Carey, Ade Bethune, E.M. Catich, Thomas Phelan, Paul Furfey, Lavina Finin, William Finin, Edward Rice, and Esther Newport; annual reports (1958-1967) and minutes and meeting material from CAA meetings and conventions (1930s-1960s); articles by CAA members such as Carey and Bethune; drafts and revisions of CAA constitutions; copies of Highlights, a newsletter for high school students, and the CAA College Committee's Newsletter; correspondence and sample copies of publications of CAA- sponsored organizations for colleges and elementary schools (1930s-1950s); correspondence and programs from CAA traveling art exhibitions (1930s-1950s); and CAA- related printed material.
- Catholic Art Association. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Contractual restrictions may apply.
7.5 linear feet.
- Art and religion Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bethune, Ade, 1914-2002.
- Carey, Graham F.
- Catholic Art Association -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Catholic Art Association.
- Catholic Church and art Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Catich, Edward M.
- Christian art and symbolism Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finin, Lavina.
- Finin, William.
- Furfey, Paul Hanly, 1896-
- Grill, Ann.
- Mercer, Isabelle.
- Newport, Esther.
- Nutting, Maureen Murphy.
- Phelan, Thomas, 1925-
- Rice, Edward E., 1918-
- Catholic Art Association Records
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note