Catholic Art Association Records
Scope and Content
Correspondence of CAA executive secretaries Ann Grill (1948-1955), Isabelle Mercer (1955-1967), and Maureen Murphy (1968-1975) with members, including Graham Carey, Ade Bethune, E.M. Catich, Thomas Phelan, Paul Furfey, Lavina Finin, William Finin, Edward Rice, and Esther Newport; annual reports (1958-1967) and minutes and meeting material from CAA meetings and conventions (1930s-1960s); articles by CAA members such as Carey and Bethune; drafts and revisions of CAA constitutions; copies of Highlights, a newsletter for high school students, and the CAA College Committee's Newsletter; correspondence and sample copies of publications of CAA- sponsored organizations for colleges and elementary schools (1930s-1950s); correspondence and programs from CAA traveling art exhibitions (1930s-1950s); and CAA- related printed material.
- Creation: 1937-1970.
- Catholic Art Association (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Contractual restrictions may apply.
7.5 linear feet.
- Grill, Ann. (Person)
- Mercer, Isabelle. (Person)
- Nutting, Maureen Murphy. (Person)
- Carey, Graham F. (Person)
- Bethune, Ade, 1914-2002. (Person)
- Catich, Edward M. (Person)
- Phelan, Thomas, 1925- (Person)
- Furfey, Paul Hanly, 1896-1992 (Person)
- Finin, Lavina. (Person)
- Finin, William. (Person)
- Rice, Edward E., 1918- (Person)
- Newport, Esther. (Person)
- Catholic Art Association Records
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note