John J. Berkery Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence; manuscripts of Berkery's memoirs of the Catholic Action movement; newsletters; clippings, including articles by and about Joseph Cardinal Cardijn; photocopies and mimeographed material including pieces by Pat Keegan and Paul McGuire.
With the exception of one folder concerning St. Therese of Lisieux, the papers all pertain to the Young Christian Workers, Young Christian Students, Christian Family Movement, and other Catholic Action organizations. Also books, booklets, magazines, pamphlets, papal encyclicals, tracts, and other printed material related to Catholic Action, YCW, YCS, CFM, the Second Vatican Council, and St. Therese of Lisieux.
- Creation: 1932-1988.
- Berkery, John J., -1989 (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Contractual restrictions may apply.
Roman Catholic priest; one of the founders of the Young Christian Workers in the United States.
9 linear feet. 4 linear feet of printed material.
- Therese, De Lisieux, Saint, 1873-1897. (Person)
- Young Christian Workers. (Organization)
- Young Christian Students (Organization)
- Christian Family Movement (Organization)
- Vatican Council. (2d : 1962-1965). (Organization)
- Cardijn, Joseph, 1882-1967. (Person)
- Keegan, Pat, 1916- (Person)
- McGuire, Paul, 1903- (Person)
- John J. Berkery Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note