Abby Maria Hemenway Collection
Scope and Content
Handwritten transcriptions and newspaper clippings of Civil War poems and song lyrics, with a few items pertaining to the Revolutionary War or to events shortly after the Civil War.
- Hemenway, Abby Maria, 1828-1890 (Person)
Language of Materials
Abby Maria Hemenway was a Vermont local historian and a Catholic poet who also published anthologies of Vermont poets and songs of the Civil War. A correspondent of Orestes A. Brownson, Daniel E. Hudson, CSC, and James F. Edwards, Notre Dame history teacher, librarian, and archivist, she clipped and copied these poems and donated them to Edwards' historical collections at Notre Dame.
.5 linear inch
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Abby M. Hemenway, Burlington, Vermont.
- Hemenway, Abby Maria, 1828-1890
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Poetry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Abby Maria Hemenway Collection
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note