James Coyle Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence with Matthew Harkins, Bishop of Providence, William Stang, Bishop of Fall River, Daniel F. Feehan, Bishop of Fall River, John W. Cavanaugh, CSC, President of the University of Notre Dame, and others, 1878-1916; and clippings concerning Coyle's work, 1880s-1910s.
- Coyle, James, 1850-1931. (Person)
Language of Materials
Catholic priest, orator, and pastor of St. Joseph's parish in Newport, Rhode Island, and St. Mary's in Tauton, Massachusetts.
1 linear foot.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Monsignor Coyle to the University of Notre Dame in 1916
- Cavanaugh, John W. (John William), 1870-1935.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Coyle, James, 1850-1931.
- Feehan, Daniel F. (Daniel Francis), 1855-1934.
- Harkins, Matthew, 1845-1921.
- Letters. Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Stang, William, 1854-1907.
- University of Notre Dame -- Presidents. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- James Coyle Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note