William Corby Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence, 1862-1897; sermons, 1887-1897; clippings on the Corby family; records of financial services rendered Civil War soldiers, 1862-1865; a manuscript in which an unnamed regular army officer writes about chaplains he knew in the Army of the Potomac, 1864; and printed material concerning Corby, his death, and the monuments erected in his honor at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, and at the University of Notre Dame.
- Corby, William, 1833-1897. (Person)
Language of Materials
Civil War chaplain, vice-president, 1865-1866, president, 1866-1872 and 1877-1881, University of Notre Dame; provincial of the Congregation of Holy Cross (CSC), 1886-1897.
5 linear inches.
- Chaplains, Military Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Corby, William, 1833-1897.
- Letters. Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Sermons. Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- University of Notre Dame -- Presidents. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- William Corby Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note