United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs. Michigan Superintendency. Records
Scope and Content
Miniature photostats made from microfilm of the records of the Michigan Superintendency of the Office of Indian Affairs.
- Creation: 1845-1848
Language of Materials
Father Edward Sorin, CSC, and Brother Joseph Rother, CSC, served the Potawatomies of the Pokagon Band in Western Michigan from the newly established University of Notre Dame in Indiana a few miles south of the Michigan border.
.5 linear inch
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Joseph Gregorich of the Bishop Baraga Association provided these copies of records to Thomas T. McAvoy, CSC, archivist of Notre Dame, because of their bearing on the nearby old St. Joseph Mission, the Potawatomis, the Congregation of Holy Cross, Brother Joseph Rother, CSC, and Father Edward Sorin, CSC, founder of Notre Dame.
- Sorin, Edward (Person)
- Rother, Joseph (Person)
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs. Michigan Superintendency. (Organization)
- Saint Joseph Mission (Niles, Mich.) (Organization)
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs. Michigan Superintendency. Records
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note