Frederic William Wile Papers
Scope and Content
Letters including one from Nicholas Murray Butler and one from John W. Cavanaugh, CSC; biography of Wile; and a transcript of a speech by Wile on the causes of World War I.
- 1911 and 1949.
- Wile, Frederic William, 1873-1941. (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Contractual restrictions may apply.
Author, newspaper columnist and editorial writer, who was educated at the University of Notre Dame, 1886-1890, served as a reporter for the Chicago Daily News, 1900-1906, and the London Daily Mail, 1906-1918, and as a political analyst on the radio, 1923-1938, for station WRC in Washington, DC, and later for NBC and CBS.
- Addresses Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Butler, Nicholas Murray, 1862-1947.
- Cavanaugh, John W. (John William), 1870-1935.
- Journalists -- Biography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wile, Frederic William, 1873-1941.
- Frederic William Wile Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note