Center of Concern Records
Scope and Content
Correspondence, subject files, tape recordings, and lectures of the Center's directors (William Ryan, SJ, 1971-1977, and Peter Henriot, SJ, 1977- ); correspondence and subject files kept by staff members James Blewett, Mary Burke, Joe Holland, George Ann Potter, Maria Riley, Jim Hug, and Mike Schultheis; ledgers, contribution cards, and other financial files; manuscripts of books, pamphlets, and articles; position papers, back issues of Center Focus, and other Center publications; and minutes of staff meetings.
- Center of Concern (Washington, D.C.). (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Contractual restrictions may apply.
Independent organization engaged in social analysis, theological reflection, policy advocacy, and public education on issues of international peace and justice. The Center sponsors research, publications, and workshops on issues such as international development, peace initiatives, economic alternatives, women in society and church, and social theology; holds consultative status at the United Nations; and publishes a bi-monthly newsletter, Center Focus .
132 linear feet.
- Blewett, James.
- Burke, Mary P.
- Center of Concern (Washington, D.C.).
- Henriot, Peter.
- Holland, Joe.
- Hug, James E.
- Human rights Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Potter, George Ann.
- Riley, Maria.
- Ryan, William F. 1925.
- Schultheis, Michael J.
- Social action. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Social justice. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Center of Concern Records
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note